Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sexy Woman and other cool ruins

Was no one impressed with our crazy adventure on Tuesday?  Thanks for your comments, Amy! 
Today we hired a private tour van and guide to take us up the mountain behind our hostel to see 4 sets of ruins.  After arriving an hour late, it ended up being a really cool day.  The first stop was Saqsaywaman... the biggest  of the four old inca fortress ruins.  People pronounce it SexyWoman.  Our guide ended up being a great sport and the van was very nice.  Everywhere we went, there were people selling their wares.  They always approach you and try to get you to buy things...some are very ugly, but some are quite nice.  We are not buying much, but we have sure loved window shopping in  many  markets.  Anyhoo, here are some pictures from today.
Look how tall those blocks are...how in the world did the Incas do it?
Saqsaywaman
Sacrificing Linda on an altar
Lady sitting on top of hill overlooking Cuzco making her wares.  
I bought one off her and she let me take her picture
Inca baths
Inca entertainment...their slides
It is just so cool
In a cave

7 comments:

  1. Robyn, I thought I had commented! I am soooo impressed and everything looks so awesome and fun! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it lovit! Good luck next week-I'll be thinking about you as I'm hiking and biking around and about Sedona/Flagstaff!Great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahooooo...It finally worked. Never give up!!! Oh my we are loving your journaling and pictures. The ones from Tuesday really were scary, but I know you can do ANYTHING. Dad is glad you found something to eat! We are so proud of you and praying for your safety. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo - a shout out from Peru!!

    So glad to see your mom finally figured out the comments. She had me stumped last night, but left a message letting me know she figured it out. I'm so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay it worked this time. Rob, I'm really sorry about no comments;but it doesn't always work. Mom and I have been trying about a bazillion times and it won't work. Then it will and then it will stop again. UGH!!!!!!!
    We are keeping up with all that you are doing and can't believe where you are what you're doing! What an amazing experience that we can only live through you! Stay safe! Luv ya! Kristi

    ReplyDelete